The agenda is out for the 2016 Eastern District of Texas Bench/Bar conference, which will be held again at the Plano Marriott Legacy in Plano, Texas. Download EDTX_Bench_Bar_2016
Events start Wednesday morning, with optional (1) golf; (2) handgun shooting; and (3) shotgun clay pigeon shooting excursions. Wednesday afternoon is joint panels with the Institute for Law and Technology of the Center for American and International Law and the PTAB Bench/Bar Conference, followed by social events in the evening.
Thursday morning the conference kicks off with a presentation by Michelle Lee, Director of the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, followed by other presentations and panels, and culminating in a keynote address by former CIA and NSA Director General Michael Hayden at the President & Chief Judge's dinner. The evening concludes with an interactive conversation with Judge Young Gi Kim in the Presidential Suite about the Korean patent litigation system and its IP Court.
Friday includes panels with the chief judges of the Federal Circuit and the Fifth Circuit, followed by a panel I am moderating on trade secret cases, including under the new DTSA, trials in East Texas, jury selection and the Sherman Division.
The following is a list of the judges who are speaking or appearing.
- Sharon Prost (Federal Circuit)
- Carl Stewart (Fifth Circuit)
- Ron Clark (ED Tex.)
- Barbara Lynn (ND Tex.)
- Leonard Stark (D. Del.)
Other Appellate Judges
- Raymond T. Chen (Fed. Cir.)
- Kathleen O'Malley (Fed. Cir.)
- Gregg Costa (5th Cir.)
District Judges Outside EDTX
- Lee Yeakel (WD Tex.)
- Richard Andrews (D. Del.)
- District: Clark, Crone, Gilstrap, Mazzant, Schroeder;
- Magistrate: Craven, Giblin, Hawthorn, Love, Payne, Mitchell, Nowak, Priest Johnson
Judges Outside the U.S.
- Young Gi Kim (Uijeongbu District Court in Republic of Korea)
- The Honorable Michael Fysh, QC SC (UK - former)
Registration information is on the brochure. I look forward to seeing many readers there!