- EDTX Women's Lawyers breakfast - women taking the lead role at trial
- Opening remarks
- Discussion of the patent system - PTO Director Michelle Lee
- The panel up now is discussing how judges and businesses make decisions in the current unsettled legal environment, with CAFC Judge O'Malley D Del Chief Judge Stark, EDTX Judge Gilstrap, and corporate counsel Tina Chappell from Intel and Ken Korea with Samsung, moderated by former EDTX Judge Leonard Davis.
The day is a monster one, programmatically speaking, with the rest of the morning having:
- social media in selecting juries
- does the patent system need fixin' or putting the fix in?
After lunch we'll have:
- Conversation with CAFC Chief Judge Sharon Prost
- diversity and youth in trial teams
- Defending smaller patent cases under the new federal rules
- pros and cons of special patent courts
- trials with magistrate judges
- General Michael Hayden providing the keynote address on cybersecurity issues, followed by a panel on the issue.
The evening closes with Emerald City providing music for dancing with made to order ice cream sundaes.