Today's panels - Day 1 of three days - are joint with the Institute for Law & Technology of the Center for American and International Law PTAB Bench Bar Conference. They include:
- Local Rules/Standing Orders/Stays Pending IPR - which is going on right now - at the moment talking about the changes in sealability of trial proceedings based on confidentiality at the moment (hint, it's harder. Get over it).
- District Court & PTAB Interplay
- Role of Post Grant Challenges
- Hatch-Waxman/ITC/PTAB/ITC & EDTX (we like focused topics, you can tell)
- PTAB Proceedings
- Bench Observations on Alice, Hall & Stryker
The afternoon's sessions are followed by the opening reception, the infamous former law clerks party, and late night in the president's suite. All are subject to the EDTX Bench/Bar privilege, which is basically what happens at the bench/bar stays at the bench/bar (with the exception of activities observed pursuant to official duties by the Marshal's Service).
Shaping up to be a great conference. Tomorrow is Michelle Lee talking about the future of the patent system.